What Motivates You?
It’s almost that time of year again. The New Year’s Resolution is right around the corner.
This year I’m going to……………………………..
Brace yourself. According to Rod K. Dishman, Ph.D., director of the Behavioral Fitness Laboratory at the University of Georgia, nearly 50 percent of people who begin an exercise program drop out within the first 6 months. The question is, “Why?” What is it about sticking with a fitness routine that causes so many people to abandon it?
The answer? Motivation. They don’t want health and fitness badly enough. It is a simple fact of human psychology that if we want something badly enough, we’ll do everything we can to get it.
Your challenge is to find out what motivates you to get serious about fitness and stick with it.
At Evolve we HAVE a Program! It’s not a hosted workout without a long term plan. We HAVE accountability. We HAVE periodization (please look it up or email me to discuss). We HAVE a community of like minded clients and trainers that support each other. We WILL help you reach your goals!
You do not have to be part of that 50 percent who quit. You can stay committed and finish strong. It is all about finding what motivates you personally while having a coach to guide you.
Here are some possible motivators for you.
1. Do it for your health. Consistent exercise and healthy eating are the two very best things you can do for your health. You will develop a strong, healthy heart, reduce your chances of many cancers, prevent diabetes, keep a sharp mind and resist dementia and avoid many of the common ailments that come with aging. It is possible to age without decay, and the key to this is exercise and eating well.
2. Do it to look better. Appearance isn’t everything, but most of us care how we look. A strong and healthy person just looks good. And it isn’t all physical. Your demeanor will change as you develop the confidence that comes from the discipline of fitness. You will appear more energetic and confident because you will be more energetic and confident!
3. Do it to relieve stress. Really! It isn’t a cliché. Exercising really does cause physical changes in your brain and nervous system that results in feelings of calmness and well-being. In fact, you may get so hooked on the mental benefits of exercise that you will crave it!
4. Do it to be strong. If you have never done focused weight training, then you literally have no idea of the total transformation that you will feel after just a few weeks. There is nothing like bending over to pick something up that normally results in discomfort, strain and even pain, only to find out that it is a piece of cake! And by getting strong now, you reduce your risk of age-related falls and fractures because you have the core strength and balance to keep yourself stable.
It is worth taking the time to discover the powerful motivators in your life. Do what it takes to get yourself moving. Find out what makes sweating worth it. Find out what you want more than that brownie. Your health is at stake; in fact, your very life is at stake. It’s time to transform yourself! Allow us to help you along the way. Email me TODAY to learn more!
Dedicated to Your Health and Fitness Success,
Scott Newton, MS, CPT
Founder, Evolve Personalized Fitness
Office: (949) 661-1213
P.S. Whenever you’re ready, here are a few ways we can help…
1. Train With Us One on One. For the optimal program to help you reach your goals we will set you up for success with our movement assessments, fitness coaching sessions and a personalized training plan focusing on accountability, nutrition, flexibility, strength, balance, posture, muscular and cardiovascular endurance, as well as flexible scheduling to accommodate anyone’s busy calendar. Reply with ‘1 on 1’ in the subject line and I’ll get you all the details.
2. Train With US Four on One. We are not a boot camp. We personalize our group training by averaging a 4:1 ratio of clients per trainer. Our semi-private training follows our training program designed to get you results while enjoying the camaraderie of a group. This affordable option will give you the service you need while getting the results you want and is designed to accommodate just about anyone’s budget. Reply with ‘4 on 1’ in the subject line and I’ll get you all the details.
3. Get One Month of our Accountability, Fitness, Nutrition, and Life Coaching Program for just $1. Success with anything takes planning. Most of the time it won’t happen without a great mentor, teacher, or coach. Meet with us up to 3 times in a week so we can help you solve your health, diet, and fitness challenge and set you up for success in reaching your goals. Reply with ‘Accountability’ in the subject line and I’ll follow up on how you can get started.